Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Its Always Such a Struggle..




Hey guys,

So i decided that I should probably document the fun stuff that happens over the course of the next semester. If you weren't already aware i'm studying in the BU Sydney program from now until Dec 1 so there's plenty of time for trans-Atlantic shenanigans! I guess i'll start with the beginning..

On the 15th I flew out from ABQ to LAX.. we had a stopover in Vegas and guess who I see getting on the plane and who ends up sitting directly behind me in the plane? CSI actor Kevin Weisman.

Not the cutest little man, but hey, I rarely celeb spot so I'll take what I can get. He was actually super nice and called goodbye to me as he exited, remembering my name correctly, so props to you Kev.

Anyways I get to LA and turns out my flight [orig supposed to leave at 1030pm] was CANCELLED. This wasn't too bad bc the ticket agent saw me about to hyperventilate at this news and promptly switched me onto an 1145 flight and transferred my bags without any overweight charges. Score. However, i was supposed to be in a group flight with other people in my program and having no idea how to find any of them.. and really not in the mood to be social [i know GASP] i spent the next 8 hrs in the airport watching episodes of Criminal Minds.
best show ever.

Also, did I mention that this flight replaced our direct flight to Sydney with a 4 hr layover in Auckland, New Zealand? Peachy. So after a just lovely 40 hours of travel time we arrive in Sydney jet lagged and disgusting. Lets just say I did not travel well this time around.

But I'm finally here and I'm living in the cutest little place ever! All 3 of my suitemates are totally fun and normal which is a welcome relief after the G-town disaster that was this summer. Bess is the one I've been spending the most time with- she's a junior at UNC Chapel Hill and totally chic (see the photo below)--but I won't bore you with any more for tonight.. I'll have more exciting things to talk about after this weekend and I'll tell you about my first few days here--- expect karaoke, harbor cruise and shopping show and tell---
cheers,
*I*



No comments:

Post a Comment