Saturday, October 22, 2011

October Almost Gone

So since I haven't posted in about 2 weeks and running through every day would be taxing both on my poor short term memory and your attention span I figured I'd just make a list of fun things that have happened/ I've done since then :)

- Started my internship with Edelman Sydney- Its pretty much the most intense and hectic one I've done so far but I totally love it and I'm learning SO much

-played an inter-office game of flip cup- entertaining since most of the Aussies here have never played before but totally great

-Began my Australian cinema class and watched an aboriginal musical and an AU thriller so far. Should be a good class!

-Saw "what's your number" with Lily. A totally adorable romantic comedy!

-Made chocolate chip cookies in the apt for the first time :) #culinarymaster


-Found a perfect lunch spot right by work with a fabulous view- it's called observatory hill

^observatory hill^
-Had lunch at Kazbah in Darling Harbour- its a middle-eastern restaurant with the most amazing food EVER. We had prawns and lamb and potato cakes. Nom.nom.nom.

^yummy lunch with Lily and Danni @ Kazbah^
harbourside wharf

-Finally went to "the establishment" with G. Not as exciting as I was hoping, bit of a meat market really

-Saw a man dressed in full monk attire at The Establishment. breathtaking.

-Went to Karaoke/ Asian clubbing with Lily and Co. - it was quite the experience and I danced on the DJ booth til 430am... just the usual

-Decided I really like indecisive vegetarians who don't like chocolate, cookies, dessert or really anything but vegemite and pasta and totally opposite to me. Especially ones who are the sweetest thing. :)

-Went bowling with indecisive vegetarian at bowling/karaoke/bar called Strike. Won both games.. sooooooo good.

-Bought 2 pairs of new heels, nude mini-peep-toe platforms and grey suede platforms- realized I'm probably going to need a whole extra suitcase for when I leave. [sorry mom!]

-Laid out in the Botanic Gardens with some new friends in the amazing [finally SUNNY] weather, its beyond gorgeous there.
^bird in the gardens^
-Finally wore my black lace dress from Vegas, pics to come!

-Won a $200 hair makeover from DirtyGirl salon in Newtown. Daniel is going to do my hair personally. [His regular client is Alicia Keys] also pics to come!

-Got tickets to Stereosonic with G and Lil and who knows who else! I seriously can't wait!

-Watched a few rugby games at Bungalow 8 on the harbour. Fun atmosphere, but I'm still just not that into rugby.

-Went to the Crave Sydney Food Festival's night noodle markets with G. He was adorably out of his element

-Developed a nice chesty cough, hopefully this goes away ASAP.

-Am decidedly upset that I'm leaving in less than 6 weeks, I adore it here and have decided I will definitely be coming back sometime after graduation.

That's pretty much all I can think of right now, but I'm off to Surrey Hills tonight and beach/ show at the Opera House tomorrow so more soon!
Miss you all to the moon and back!
XXX


No comments:

Post a Comment