Thursday, October 6, 2011

Spring Break Part 1

Mon-Thurs.
So, I'm gonna do this recap in 2 parts since otherwise there's just too much and I inevitably end up forgetting things, which will probably happen anyways, but oh well!
Also-i'm sneaking in Saturday too since i want to put up my surfing photos!
Here's a shot from the day at Maroubra Beach..

It was a little cold but i had a really good time and I wouldn't mind going back again :)

Monday- The first day of spring break. Officially since we (i.e. Bess and I) basically just watched a season of Mad Men and like every show on Hulu that we could find on Sat & Sunday being exhausted from finals. Bess, Kelly and I wanted to actually get out of the house so we tried to go to Oxford St/ Bondi Beach, but since it was Australian Labor day.. aka a public holiday.. the bus we needed was apparently not running, so we scrapped that plan and headed down to Circular Quay to explore. When we got there we decided that we would take the ferry across the bay to Manly (which is the northern suburb-ish part of Sydney right across the bridge. Unfortunately the weather wasn't really on our side and it was basically raining the whole time we were there. :( There was also a Jazz Fest going on so it was randomly crowded on the boardwalk and so we found a little restaurant to have some pizza and drinks and then we hightailed it back home after a couple hours. Not the most exciting day ever but at least we got out of the apt.

trying to enjoy our Manly Beach Day
Tuesday- Went to the gym finally, I'd been slacking bc of finals/ my lack of motivation but I figured I might as well get my $$$ worth for the membership and get my butt over there. After Bess and I headed over to the Broadway shopping center for a bit and I found some really cute stuff! I got a cute little blue plaid crop tank and a really comfortable hoody that I've been desperately needing. Also a silver cuff to match my other one so I was a pretty happy camper. Grabbed an ice cream cone and caught up with Joe for a little while in the evening and we all went out for drinks so I could meet Julian's gf who is here visiting him over break. She seems nice and a good match for him.

Wednesday- More gym. Basically everyone left for the Great Barrier Reef this afternoon (aka Cairnes) in the north on the group trip so I have the apt to myself. It's actually really nice and quiet and clean, so I don't mind. I've made a little cocoon out of my comforter and pillows on our sofa which I'm really enjoying. :)
Went out for drinks and stuff with V. and his friends at this place in the Eastern suburbs (aka the reaaaaaally nice suburbs) called "the Golden Sheaf" which is apparently where everyone goes (well, at least all the UNSW students) on Wednesday nights. It was actually really fun, there's a huge outdoor patio part, with a connected dj/ dance floor section and then an upstairs bar and stuff too. The upstairs dj was playing no scrubs and destiny's child when I got up there so of course I loved it! ha.

V. and I @ the Sheaf
Thursday- Sam, Julian, Julian's gf and I went on a tour ALL over Manly suburbs with our chill professor Daryl (who's class we just finished) which was awesome. We drove over the Sydney Harbor bridge so now I can say that I've done that, we stopped along the way and got out to take pics and walk along all these cute little secret beaches and stuff that tourists don't know about. SO pretty! [pics are coming I promise... I'm waiting til the weekend's over to upload] Daryl took us to get some drinks and chips after and it was a great afternoon.
^Manly Beach^

My Favorite new friend from Manly!!! I named him Chuck.
After we got back I went to the Shangri La hotel (so chic) that has this bar called Altitude at the very top on the 36th floor with G. He got me this drink called a HELLO KITTY! which was like rum and strawberries and yummy-ness :) He knows me too well. The views were phenomenal.

View from the ShangriLa... its WAY better in person :)
Then we went to this little Thai restaurant in Newtown. We went bc it apparently used to be called "thai-tanic" which is super cute and clever but when we got there it had been changed to Thai-something else which was SO not as witty. But the food was delish so all was good. Afterwards G suggested Max Brenner (the Australian Willy Wonka factory basically) so obviously that had to happen. White chocolate chai = so yummy.
All in all it was a very good night :)

Today is Friday and I'm going out with Lily and some of her friends so should be a lot of fun! I'm being lazy and avoiding the gym but I will definitely go tomorrow since Sunday I'm meeting C down in Wollongong for an adventure and coming back before class Monday afternoon! Then our internships start on Tuesday (cue hyperventilating)
Eek! Too much to handle.. pics and more stories soon!
xxx
*I*

No comments:

Post a Comment