Monday, October 10, 2011

Spring Break Part 2- Friday -> Sunday

The Weekend
and the saga continues... because I know you all have been waiting with bated breath :/ ha.

Friday- everyone was still gone in Cairnes so I went out with Lily and a bunch of her friends to celebrate one of the couples who just got married and are moving away to Malaysia. So to begin the asian sensation that was my night we started with Karaoke at this place on pitt st. then headed out asian clubbing... yes I know... ASIAN clubbing at this club called Vola.. it was SO crowded you wouldn't even believe it.
But after like 130am it cleared enough to breathe and we finally made it to the dance floor! I made friends with the bouncer and he let me spend the rest of the night dancing on the DJ booth until 430am until I finally made it home and totally passed out!

Saturday- I went out with Alexa, Alexia, Peter, Liza, Mara, and Sarah to Argyle. Argyle is one of my fav places to go out in the city so far. Its pretty classy with a big outdoor patio that's kind of hidden down between 2 rustic looking buildings and theres all these tiki lights and a bunch of nice 20-30 somethings in dress clothes. Loved it. The group didn't want to stay very long tho and so we ended up stopping at sidebar.. this seedy little place by our apt that I've managed to avoid this far into the trip. Obviously we made a late night stop at McDonald's and then went home.

Sunday- The last day of our break was pretty relaxed. Met Katarina at the bar in Darling Harbor on the water called Bungalow 8 to watch the rugby world cup game between AU and South Africa with some of her friends. I had made plans with G. so he just met me there and we ended up going to Opera Bar... (by the Opera House) and sitting on these chairs by the water and people watching with a few beers for a while. He's super funny and the best people watching partner! :)
We got dinner at this dumpling house called Din Tai Fung which is actually really famous in Asia and delicious but it was even more enjoyable watching G attempt the whole chopstick thing.. he was definitely out of his comfort zone.. it was cute.
Then I came home and chilled.. not at all excited for classes to begin again.
But this week is a whole new thing and I can't wait to see what this second half of the program has in store.. because if its anything like the beginning it's going to be RIDICULOUS!!!
More soon,
xx
*I*

No comments:

Post a Comment