Sunday, November 27, 2011

She's a party rocker from night 'til noon

Dear baby jesus where did the time go?
My last weekend in Aussieland has come and gone and I'm currently 1 final test, 2 loads of laundry, 3 suitcases and 4 nights away from leaving the most amazing time of my life.

This last weekend was NUTS and so I figured if I absolutely must go (thanks to Visa/ finishing Uni lame-ness), at least it was a crazy fun and memorable time! Can't believe I'll be back in the USofA in less than 4 days and I'm totes not happy about the situation. If I got emotional over things like this I feel like now would be the time to shed a tear. But I don't, so I'll just blog about what I've been up to this last week instead. :]

-Finally ate at this Vegetarian place in Surrey Hills on Wed. night called Yulli's [that G and I have been trying to go to for AGES], with Joyce and her friend (ironic). It was so yummy. We got tofu and prawns and potato dishes each totally different and equally yummy!

-Ate [yes, i know, this blog should really be called "Schnitty's adventures eating around Sydney"] tapas with G. at this Spanish place called Captain Torres' Restaurant that i've been to once before with Lil. Still totes yummy and different from the usual feed.

-Went out with Lil, G and some sweet PhD peeps on Friday for drinks at this cute bar called Assembly on Kent St. that just opened. Then the night turned into a chinese food hunt/ strange drinks/ boys night +me but was still heaps fun. Billy and I kicked ASS at pool- four games in a row. Yeahhhhh buddy. Soz Damo.

^out & about^

-Decided that newbie PhD'r Andrew is my favorite person. He held Lil's umbrella for her all night. What a sweetie.

-Finished up my internship with Edelman Sydney. I loved my time there and can't wait to come back (fingers crossed) after graduation. They were SO sweet and all wrote me notes in a giant card and got me a hug mug and chocolates from Max Brenner. What a perfect gift.

-Went for farewell drinks with the work mob @Argyle. They are so nice and fun. I'm going to miss my time with them for sure!!

^Farewell drinks at Argyle^

-Celebrated Thanksgiving dinner with our whole program + Tracey from work at an event in the Grandstand at Sydney Uni and ate my body weight in sweet potatoes and turkey. It was heavenly.

-Went to STEREOSONIC which is basically the Australian equivalent of EDC, at Olympic Park with G, Lil, N, and a bunch of other random people we ended up meeting up with. This year was officially the biggest festival that AU has ever had. It was so completely sick. I'm totally glad we went. We were there from 3- 11pm and danced the whole time. Saw a tiny bit of Kaskade, Avicii, Benny Benassi, LMFAO and Armin Van Buren. #'s 2-4 were definitely the best but everyone that was there was phenomenal!!!

Obviously we took 98298457982 photos, so here's some of the quality ones from the day..

^So MANY people^


-Loving this song after the weekend!

-Went to El Phoenician on Sunday with Kayla, G and Marty for a lebanese banquet dinner right by the harbour. It was SO much delicious food and the restaurant was brand new and gorg. Photo spotlight below, since I've mentioned her tons but had no visual to use so far!

-Kayla and I jammed out to Ja Rule and Ashanti on the car ride there and back. Lets just say there was extremely loud singing involved and i may or may not be tone deaf. Props to the boys for putting up with it. #sorryimnotsorry

^@El Phoenician totally stuffed^

^love them^

-Spent quality time with my favorite people and have plans to do the same for my last few days in town. I couldn't have asked for a better 3.5 months here and I know that I'll definitely be back to get up to more shenanigans after graduation in May! Only one blog post left to go next week.. but who knows maybes I'll keep it up after just for kicks.

Love you all and can't wait to see your shining faces for the holidays!
More soon, as per usual!
*I*
xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment